- Monitoring of project partners budget management and periodic reporting
- Support the Country Office and the partner organizations in their budget planning, monitoring, and utilization
- Review, consolidate, and submission of financial partners reports
- Link between partners and Country Office
- Promote partners synergies on financial management
- Provision of financial capacity building support for the partner organizations
- Enhance finance reporting of partner organizations
- Support in the processing and consolidation of the financial reports of the partners in the Country Office’s accountancy in liaison with Finance Officer (FO) and Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO).
- Ensure the day-to-day project expenditures together with the Financial Controller (FC), prepare payment vouchers, checks and transfers of money to partner accounts, ensuring the quality of all supporting documentation.
- Ensure proper and organized tracking of disbursement to Partner Organizations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets of the country office as well as of the Programme.
- Assist in tracking of project account balances in liaison with the finance team
- Ensure and assist in the maintenance of files of all cooperation development partners’ financial reports, accounting procedures and financial monitoring by the Country Office.
- Work closely with Partner Organisations on their procurements to ensure compliance with We Effect Partners Procurement Regulations in liaison with FC and FAO
- Provide relevant financial training, technical assistance, and other capacity building activities for partner organisations on financial management specifically in compliance with the We Effect financial policy, regulations, and procedures. national mandatories and donor regulations.
Monitoring, Reporting, Review and Evaluation:
- Assist in the compliance of all partner organisations on the cooperation agreements related to financial reporting obligations, and on the Financial and Administrative Guide for Partners
- Assist in timely submission of financial reports by Partners and promptly follow up; and report any late submissions to the Country Director.
- Conduct detailed reviews of the financial reports prepared by the partners prior to the signing as approval by the Financial Controller and then by Country Director. Verify compliance, accountability, and financial correctness. Track expenses against fund advances. This in liaison with FC and FAO
- Assist in the preparation of partners fund request based on the consolidated financial reports of partners for submission to the regional office in Sweden.
- Assist in the preparation of financial report submissions to donor organisations.
- Assist in carrying out annual financial monitoring of partner organisations and submit finance monitoring reports to the finance controller and then to the country director for any management decision making purposes ensuring compliance with the cooperation agreements and partners’ finance management.
- Assist in conducting financial risk assessments of partner organisations for risk mitigation to avoid errors and irregularities that could be material.
- Assist in providing support to all external evaluation missions related to Sida and other co-funded project.
- Be responsible for the quality of the organization and services and ensure the proper care and maintenance of its assets
- Report any illegitimate expenses misuse of funds or other false financial claims to the Country Director/ Regional Director in Stockholm.
- Respect and adhere to the We Effect’s anti-corruption policy. Never accept or be promised, request or give promise or offer a bribe or other undue rewards, remuneration, compensations undue advantage or benefit of any kind, which constitute illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In all administrative practices strictly follow the laws of the country.
- Keep Confidential all financial and sensitive information pertaining to the Country Office and its projects
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Country Director for the good functioning of the Country Programme, office, and its project.
- University degree or equivalent within a relevant field on Accountancy and Business Development/Management
- At least three years of experience on finance management for international development cooperation and including experience on European Union funded projects
- Competent skills in financial management and budget analysis
- Good understanding and practical experience of budget planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
- Interest in and good knowledge in system including Outlook 365, Sharepoint, excel and modern cloud based accounting system.
- Strong verbal and written command of English and Pilipino
- Knowledge and experience in project/program cycle management and Results Based Management (RBM)
- Strong knowledge on civil society development work
- Physically fit as the position demands regular travelling and finance field monitoring
- Good team player, has respect for diversity and sensitive to multicultural working environment.
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to no later than 30 December 2022. Your application documents must be in English. Interviews will be conducted during the application period; we recommend sending in your application soonest.
The employment is a project-based position with a six months’ probation period. Start date is 1 February 2023.
We Effect strive for diversity and equal opportunities in the organisation.
For more information:
Please contact Jessica Umanos Soto, country director, We Effect Philippines at Jessica.email@example.com
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpoo