We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America through our regional offices in partnership with local CSOs, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations.
We Effect Regional Office for Europe was established in 2017 in Skopje, North Macedonia. Europe region is supporting 11 partner organisations in the region under the programme Empower Europe. The support is directed for North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Moldova.
With financing from Sida, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, a project for rural development aiming for a Market System Development (MSD) approach is being implemented in North Macedonia – Income Increase and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups from Rural and Sub-Urban Areas 2021-2023 (IISEE), in collaboration with several national organisations in North Macedonia.
Scope of the assignment and main tasks
The objective of the assignment is provision of expertise in evaluation of the procurement system and implementing practices of one national, member based, non-governmental organization, hereinafter referred to as NGO.
Under the supervision and in close collaboration with We Effect’s Regional and IISEE Project Management, the expert will be responsible to assess and evaluate the following:
- Accountability, integrity and transparency of the existing procurement system of the organization against We Effect’s procurement requirements (including but not limited to):
- Procurement methods
- Advertising rules and time limits
- Rules on participation
- Procurement documentation and specifications
- Evaluation and award criteria
- Submission, receipt and opening of offers
- Right to challenge and appeal
- Contract management
- Norms for safekeeping of records, documents and electronic data
- Mechanisms to secure avoiding conflict of interest etc.
- Impartiality of the decisions made in the implemented procurements in the stated period
- Procuring bodies and their mandates are clearly defined
- Available training, advice and assistance to procuring bodies
- Monitoring performance to improve the system
- Independence, objectivity and timeliness of all procurements performed in the period May 2021 – June 2022 under the Sida financed and implemented by We Effect, IISEE project.
For detailed description of the tasks to be performed by the expert, the criteria, the deliverables as well as the qualification requirements, please see the full call here: Call for engagement of Procurement System Evaluation Expert
Please apply no later than August 19th 2022.
The assignment shall be implemented in a period August / September 2022.