We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America through our regional offices in partnership with local CSOs, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations.
We Effect Regional Office for Europe was established in 2017 in Skopje, North Macedonia. Europe region is supporting 11 partner organisations in the region under the programme Empower Europe. The support is directed for North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Moldova.
With financing from Sida, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, a project for rural development aiming for a Market System Development (MSD) approach is being implemented in North Macedonia – Income Increase and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups from Rural and Sub-Urban Areas 2021-2023 (IISEE), in collaboration with several national organisations in North Macedonia.
Scope of the engagement and main tasks
The MSD approach for the project was developed based on the fact that the inclusive economic growth is achievable through improved access to the labour market, skills and basic services for the Roma and vulnerable groups.
Under the supervision and in close collaboration with the IISEE Project management, and We Effect’s Regional management, the intervention partner will have the following responsibilities:
- To implement MSD-approach based intervention (https://beamexchange.org/) that will include proper implementation of agreed activities
- To implement and adopt developed business model for engagement and retention of Roma employees, particularly women and youth in the company
- To implement outreach and visibility activities if needed
- To coordinate the intervention teams
- To actively participate in development of an Intervention Plan, detailed intervention Budget, Monitoring and Result Measurement (MRM) Plan
- To organize monitoring of intervention results and timely and efficiently collect data needed for the Monitoring Result Measurement (MRM) system of the IISEE project
- To cooperate and to report to We Effect staff
- To maintain and develop a relationship of cooperation based on participation, accountability, non-discrimination empowerment and transparency. Gender equality is a guiding principle for all aspects of this cooperation
- To respect We Effect’s code of conduct, anti-corruption principles etc.
For detailed description of the tasks to be performed by the expert, the criteria, the deliverables as well as the qualification requirements, please see the full call here: Call for submission of applications for selection of intervention partner(s) for “Engaging, supporting and retaining employees, with a focus on Roma – scale up”
The e-mail subject with the application and all required documents must bear the title Call for submission of applications for selection of intervention partner(s) for job matching services – scale up and budget line B.L 4.4.1
Please apply no later than August 19th 2022.
The intervention partner will be engaged in the period September/October 2022 until December 2023.