We Effect is a Swedish development organisation present in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Our work focuses on reducing poverty and inequality by strengthening the ability of member organisations to enable women and men, girls and boys living in poverty, to improve their living conditions, defend their rights, and contribute to a just society. The work is focused on the following areas: rural development, housing, gender equality, and financial inclusion. In Europe, We Effect is present in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Moldova, and North Macedonia.
Target groups of We Effect’s development cooperation are We Effect’s partner organisations (civil society organisations), mostly represented by member-based organisations active in rural development, farmers associations, producers’ groups, and cooperatives. We Effect applies a rights-based approach where development interventions are the results of dialogue with our partner organisations, with strong local ownership characterized by accountability, transparency, non-discrimination, and meaningful participation.
The We Effect Regional Office Europe makes significant efforts to apply sustainable and results oriented practices by combining environmental, social, and economic development perspectives in one integrated development framework. In that sense, specific topics of environment and economic development were selected to drive the new programme (2023–2027). In terms of environmental perspectives, the focus is placed on strong engagement in the application of good practices in sustainable agricultural land management (SALM) and climate change adaptation (CCA).
For this purpose, we are looking for a capacitated international/regional consultant who will be working with We Effect and its partner organisations in the development and implementation of training curricula for partner organisations, the review of two brief SALM/CCA cost-benefit analyses for measures prepared by partner organisations, and the development of a list of potential SALM/CCA measures that are recommended for implementation in the Puka region, Albania.
Objective of the assignment
The main objective of the assignment is to strengthen the CSOs’ capacities for further development and implementation of SALM and CCA practices in agriculture, including the approach towards ensuring economic sustainability of the environment and climate protection-driven measures (cost-benefit analysis).
While conducting the assignment, the consultant should produce the following items:
- Training of Trainers (ToT) curricula for partner organisations (POs) prepared.
[Estimated working days: 5; deadline for submission to We Effect: September 6, 2023]
- Module for one-day ToT curricula in SALM submitted [English language].
- Agenda for one-day ToT curricula in SALM submitted [English language].
- Training materials for SALM submitted [English language].
- Module for one-day ToT curricula in CCA submitted [English language].
- Agenda for one-day ToT curricula in CCA submitted [English language].
- Training materials for CCA submitted [English language].
- Training of trainers delivered.
[Estimated working days: 2; deadline for submission to We Effect: September 20, 2023]
- One-day training in SALM delivered to 10 persons [English language].
- One-day training in CCA in agriculture delivered to 10 people [English language].
- Training curricula for POs prepared and submitted to We Effect.
[Estimated working days: 4; deadline for submission to We Effect: September 27, 2023]
- Training curricula that POs should use for delivering one-day training to farmers in the development and application of SALM measures [English language].
- Training curricula that POs should use for delivering one-day training to farmers in the development and application of CCA measures [English language].
- Report of the training conducted on SALM/CCA submitted to We Effect.
[Estimated working days: 1; deadline for submission to We Effect: September 27, 2023]
- A brief (one to two pages) report of the assignment submitted [English language]
While conducting the foreseen training, the selected consultant will be encouraged to use positive examples that are replicable in the Western Balkans, serving as good practice and guidance to partner organisations for the development and implementation of their agendas for SALM and CCA in agriculture.
For detailed description of the tasks to be performed by the consultant, the criteria, the deliverables as well as the qualification requirements, please see the full call here: Call for engagement of consultant for SALM and CCA
All interested candidates are requested to submit their offer with all supporting documents on the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and copy .
Please apply no later than August 18th.