Project Finance Controller for We Effect in the Philippines
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach to development by supporting people living in poverty to secure their basic rights.
We Effect works in over 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our country/regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, housing organisations, cooperative federations or unions and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.or.
Philosophy and methodology
- Accept and respect the principles and core values of We Effect
- Promote and development of relationships with the country office staff and partner organizations on concepts of teamwork and of partnership founded on shared values, mutual respect, reciprocity of learning and transparency
- Maintain close and continues relations with target population and its grassroots organizations, and provisions to listen to their expectations, to provide them with the accounts of work done on their behalf and to exchange know-how and lessons learnt
- Management of the financial system of the country programme
- Monitoring of project partners budget management and periodic reporting
- Support the Country Office and the partner organizations in their budget planning, monitoring, and utilization
- Review, consolidate, and submission bi-monthly/quarterly partners reports
- Link between partners and Country Office
- Promote partners synergies on financial management
- Provision of financial capacity building support for the partner organizations
- Enhance finance reporting of partner organizations
- Observe adherence to the accountancy of the country office in the maintenance of accounting records and financial documents and supporting materials.
- Review in details the bi-monhtly/quarterly financial reports of the partners organisation consistent with We Effect accountancyprocessing for verification of Finance Controller and approval from Country Director.
- Responsible for the day-to-day country office and country programme expenditures. Prepares payment vouchers for online banking system and cheques. Together with the Administrative Officer, ensures the quality of all supporting documents.
- Assist the finance controller in the transfer of funds to partner organisation’s accounts following the internal finance flow at the country office.
- Responsible for the day-to-day use and application of digital accounting system and collaborative platforms for sharing relevant finance documents.
- Maintain proper and organized monitoring in tracking disbursement to sub-programme partner organisations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets of the country office as well as of the sub-programmes.
- Assist the Finance Controller in requesting monthly bank statements and tracking of sub-programmes account balances.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of hard and soft files of all cooperation development partners’ financial reports submitted to the country office.
- Responsible for the adherence of partner organisations to We
- Effect accounting procedures and financial monitoring by the Country Office to partner organisations.
- Work closely with Partner Organisations and provide information to the Finance Controller on their procurements to ensure compliance with We Effect Partners Procurement Regulations.
- Assist the Finance Controller in ensuring that the country office is properly adhering to Instructions for Financial Administration as well as applicable donor financial regulations.
Monitoring, Reporting, Review and Evaluation:
- Ensures compliance of all partner organisations on the cooperation agreements related to financial reporting obligations, and on the Financial and Administrative Guide for Partners
- Responsible for the timely submission of financial reports by Partners and promptly follow up; and report any late submissions to the Finance Controller.
- Conduct detailed reviews of the bimonthly/quarterly financial reports prepared by the partners prior to the verification of the Finance Controller. Verify compliance, accountability, and financial correctness of said reports. Track expenses against fund advances.
- Assist the Finance Controller in carrying out annual financial monitoring of all partner organisations and submission of finance monitoring reports to the country director for any management decision making purposes ensuring compliance with the cooperation agreements and partners’ finance management.
- Assist in the conduct of financial risk assessments of partner organisations to avoid errors and irregularities that could be material to the financial and accounting system.
- Inform all partners as well as other stakeholders such as consultants about We Effect’s code of conduct and anticorruption principles
- Be responsible for the quality of the organization and services and ensure the proper care and maintenance of its assets.
- Report any illegitimate expenses misuse of funds or other false financial claims to the Country Director.
- Respect and adhere to the We Effect’s anti-corruption policy. Never accept or be promised, request or give promise or offer a bribe or other undue rewards, remuneration, compensations undue advantage or benefit of any kind, which constitute illegal or inappropriate behaviour. In all country office administrative practices strictly follow the laws of the country.
- Keep Confidential all financial and sensitive information pertaining to the Country Office and its projects.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Country Director for the good functioning of the Country Programme, office, and its projects.
- University degree or equivalent within a relevant field on Accountancy and Business Development/Management
- At least three years of experience in finance management for international development cooperation and particularly EU funded projects.
- Competent skills in financial management and budget analysis.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of budget planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation.
- Good knowledge of computer system including Outlook 365, Sharepoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written command of English and Pilipino.
- Good knowledge and experience in project/program cycle management and Results Based Management (RBM)
- Strong knowledge on civil society development work
- Physically fit as the position demands regular travelling and finance field monitoring.
- Good team player/worker
The employment is a fixed-term position with a six months’ probation period. Start date is 1 September 2023.
We Effect strive for diversity and equal opportunities in the organisation.
For more information
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.