We Effect , TAWLA and TYC under the support of European Union implements in partnership a three year project (2020-2023) which aims at strengthening democratic and inclusive electoral processes and accountable leadership in Tanzania during and after the 2020 national elections. This new project titled “Increased Democratic and Inclusive Election in Tanzania in 2020” will be implemented in three regions of Tanzania namely Arusha, Tanga and Mwanza covering a total of 13 constituencies of Arumeru East, Arumeru west, Longido, Karatu, Monduli, Sumve, Magu, Misungwi, Kwimba, Lushoto, Korogwe, Muheza and Handeni rural. In each constituency the project will focus on 15 wards.
This project is tailored to build on the gains made in a phased out three-year action (2017-2019) which aimed at enhancing the participation of women and youth in the 2019 local election and 2020 general election in Tanzania “WYPRE PROJECT”. This project is structured in three phases namely; the pre-election period, Election period and post-electoral period. It aims at ensuring strengthened inclusivity, democracy, transparency, enhanced capacity of elected leaders (those who will be successful) and their accountability to citizens after elections as well as peaceful co-existence after the general election.
The overall objective of this project was to contribute to strengthened CSOs for enhanced democratic and inclusive electoral processes and more accountable leadership in Tanzania during and after the 2020 general elections.
This project had two specific objectives
- To promote democratic practices, citizens’ participation especially women and youth in peaceful national electoral and post-electoral processes of 2020 in Mwanza, Arusha and Tanga regions of Tanzania.
- To promote accountable leadership and peaceful environment in post-electoral Tanzania especially in the targeted regions of Arusha, Mwanza and Tanga
As the project comes to its end, it is necessary for accountability purposes to establish whether the project met its intended goal and objectives. It is against this background, that the project implementers wish to commission an end term evaluation to establish to what extend the intended objectives of the project were met. The exercise will be undertaken by an external consultant who will take charge of the entire process right from development of an inception report, data collection tools, methodology, overseeing data collection and data quality assurance, data processing, report writing and presentation of findings to stakeholders.
Scope of work
- Review annual reports and any other secondary data that can inform the evaluation.
- Develop tools for data collection, methodologies to be applied and coordinate data collection and quality assurance.
- Analyze the collected data and compile a concise report to establish the current status of the project key indicators and compare with the baseline values to show progress made.
- Identify best practices, lessons learned, opportunities for the project and propose recommendations for future similar projects to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Make a presentation of the findings to the implementing partners and stakeholders
- Compile a full evaluation report of the project, based on the relevance, coherence, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability criteria – Added value of the EU intervention should also be analyzed.
The consultant is expected to deliver the following;
- Inception report detailing the methodology that is best for the evaluation
- Data collection tools with evaluation questions
- The final evaluation report, including summary of the evaluation (simple and precise with clear presentation of data) which should include all the necessary information including the methods used, the findings both qualitative and quantitative, all appendices (Including the copies of all tools, list of persons interviewed) among others.
- Raw files of collected data
- Powerpoint presentation slides during the dissemination workshop
HOW TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
Interested and suitably qualified individual consultants / consultancy firms are invited to submit their bids including a technical proposal and financial quote for offering the consultancy services to , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org copying by 12th July 2023 BY 1000HRS