We Effect Eastern Africa is recruiting a Coordinator for Resource Mobilization.
The job is a full-time position, open for Kenyan nationals, based in Nairobi on fixed term contract, until the end of 2018 with good possibilities of extension depending on budget.
We Effect is a Swedish non-governmental organisation working in 25 countries. Our work focuses on reducing poverty and inequality by strengthening the ability of member based and democratic organisations to enable women and men, girls and boys living in poverty to improve their living conditions, defend their rights and contribute to a just society. The work is focused to the following areas: rural development, housing, gender equality and financial inclusion.
In Eastern Africa we work in cooperation with 43 partner organizations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. Our more than 55 years of presence in the region has helped to improve livelihoods for millions of poor women and men, many of them small-scale farmers.
This position is on a fixed term contract until end of 2018 but with good possibilities to be extended based on budget situation. As the Coordinator for Resource Mobilization in the region you will be based at our Regional Office in Nairobi. The position requires the following responsibilities and qualifications:
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate the development of funding proposals
- Update, further develop and implement the regional strategy for resource mobilisation;
- Support and promote the development of strategic alliances with donor organisations and other strategic actors, with special emphasis on the EU;
- Monitor and identify funding opportunities for We Effect and partner organisations;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives for staff and partners on skills improvement ensuring there is knowledge on the We Effect global resource mobilization manual
- Coordinate the resource mobilisation work in Eastern Africa with the other We Effect regions and the head office in Stockholm;
- Coordinate needs for information material and targeted donor communication with the regional communication officer; and
- Evaluate and systematically document the experiences and lessons learnt.
Required qualifications for the position
- A Bachelors degree in Development/Social Studies/Humanitarian/ Communication. A master’s degree in Business Administration or Development Work will be an added advantage;
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications on fundraising and resource mobilization
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in development work and/or international development cooperation working on resource mobilization
- Experience in resource mobilisation for international development cooperation, development of concept notes and funding proposals
- Experience in development and implementation of methods for international development cooperation, including human rights based approach, planning, monitoring, evaluation and risk management;
- Strong analytical and communication skills, works well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals;
- Good knowledge of international relations, EU development policy and international development cooperation;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Able and willing to travel in the region and to Sweden when required.
If you meet the set criteria, please send
- the filled in attached format
- CV and
- application letter describing how you would match the responsibilities listed and the qualification required
to RecruitmentROEA@weeffect.org before Friday April 20th 2018 at 15.00. Any questions for clarification before applying can be sent to the same e-mail address.
Do NOT send in copies of certificates at this stage. We will only review applications that include above required documents. All other applications will be disqualified
The form can be found at this Dropbox link