We Effect is recruiting a Regional Director to Eastern Africa
We Effect Eastern Africa consists of 3 countries with programmes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. We Effect employs around 25 members of staff and the regional budget for 2018 is approximately 45 MSEK.
As Regional Director you have the overall responsibility to ensure that all activities in the region are conducted and developed in accordance with We Effect’s policies, strategies and working methods. Your job is to ensure that We Effect delivers the highest possible quality in its operations.
The current priorities in the region include strengthening and developing the current 5- year programme that started 2018. Our presence in Uganda and Tanzania, where we have smaller offices, needs also to be strengthened. An important part of the job is context analysis and strategic networking in the region. We Effect wants to build and maintain strong relationships with donors and other relevant actors.
You will lead the work to achieve new funding for the development programmes. The duty station is at the regional office in Nairobi, Kenya. You will travel frequently in the region and to our head office in Stockholm. As Regional Director you report to the Head of the International Department in the head office in Stockholm.
• Lead and continuously develop the work in the region.
• Overall responsibility for regional budget.
• Overall coordination and quality assurance of the development programmes.
• Overall responsibility for regional resource mobilisation.
• Represent We Effect in relevant networks and contexts.
• Support the local managers to build efficient programme, finance and administration teams.
You have been working as a manager for several years, preferably in an international context.
As a manager you have been responsible for leading processes within areas such as performance management, organisational development and change management.
Your ability to plan, prioritize and organize your own work is excellent and you have the commitment, experience and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles. You are mature and well-grounded, have good social skills, broad networks and are a good communicator. We believe that you are innovative and know how to identify opportunities as well as to act upon them. You share the organisation’s vision of a sustainable and just world for all, free from poverty.
• A minimum of 5 years´ management experience with strong inclusive leadership skills
• A minimum of 5 years´ experience of managing international development cooperation, preferably within civil society
• Excellent skills in financial management and budget analysis
• Relevant field experience of international development cooperation
• University degree within a relevant field
• In-depth knowledge of Swedish international development cooperation • Strong analytical skills and strategic outlook
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong theoretical understanding and practical experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation methods commonly used in development cooperation
• Strong conceptual and theoretical understanding of the human rights-based approach and civil society development
• Experience from cooperative development work
• Knowledge of Swedish
Employment conditions The position is open for any nationality but with possibility to secure a work permit in Kenya. It is a local contract and local conditions will imply. The employment contract is two years (with the possibility of prolongation) and begins with a 6-months probationary period. The contract start is preferred to be on January 1st 2019. We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and welcomes all applicants no matter sex, age, sexual identity or orientation, disabilities or ethnical or religious affiliation.
Please send your application to: email@example.com with a personal letter and CV at the latest on October 10, 2018. Please state “Regional Director Eastern Africa” in the e-mail subject and in your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the recruitment process. Interviews will be held in October-November and the local board of We Effect in Kenya will be involved.
For more information
• Maria Schultz, Head of International Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Anna Albinsson, Head of HR, email@example.com
• Beatrice Okeyo, Chairperson We Effect local board, Beatrice.Okeyo@gmail.com