TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR END TERM PROGRAMME EVALUATION – NOVEMBER 2021
DateNovember 30, 2021
In addition, it is intended to review key aspects of the implementation process. Key attention will be paid to Women’s access to land and access to adequate housing.
The evaluation is also expected to provide insight into the effectiveness and efficiency of programme implementation as well as factors that enabled and constrained the achievement of results over the period under review. In addition, there are questions of sustainability and impact of the programme of which findings are key.
Most importantly, the evaluation report is also to be used for learning purposes. Value-added from this evaluation is expected to be achieved through lessons learned and recommendations that can be utilised by We Effect in the management of future programmes
The end of programme evaluation seeks to:
• Assess the achievement of the programme objective against the set targets in the logical framework and more specifically.
• Assess the programme relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, overarching developmental impact and sustainability mechanisms)
• Evaluate if and how We Effect has contributed to build the capacity of our core partners’ in organizational development, gender equality, rights-based approach and climate justice in terms of their sustainability and governance.
• Assess the extent to which the strategic and technical partners played their assigned role as well as their impact (financial inclusion & gender equality + strategic intervention).
• Evaluate the success of the different phases of the housing model in terms of results and sustainability
• Assess advocacy achievements of the core partners in the 3 key strategic areas for adequate housing.- 1) Access to land, specifically women´s access to land for adequate housing; 2) Financing and 3) Advancing Housing Policy environment.
• Assessing to what extent the programme approach and strategies are successful in promoting partners coordination to mobilize community-based organization for collective action in demanding the right to adequate housing.
• Document best practices/lessons learnt during the programme period for scaling up in the next programme period
• Make recommendations on areas that require more attention for maximum impact to be realised
• Identify any unexpected results from the programme (positive or negative)
• Assess the extent to which rights-based approach and advocacy for transformational
development have been integrated into program work at program and project levels.
• Assess the extent COVID 19 may have impacted on the implementation of the programme
The Evaluation Scope.
The programme is currently being implemented in East Africa through partner organisations and will cover the period 2018 to 2021. The assignment envisages a participatory process with the programme target groups and other informants in the entire region that have been actively engaged.
The consultant(s) will, therefore, travel to the field within these countries as will be agreed upon. Expected is the consultant(s) to visit a representative sample of the target population taking time and logistics limitations into consideration.
The programme target groups are the housing cooperative members, and staff of partner organisations. Key informant includes We Effect staff, relevant Government departments/agencies and community leaders, especially where programme related activities reached out to the entire community.
The consultant will be based in Kenya and, We Effect will provide assistance to visit the other two countries i.e. Tanzania and Uganda.
Interested and qualified consultant(s) are invited to send in their tenders, including an inception report, a financial quote (include number of days, rates per day in USD and any other resources required for the consulting team), and a detailed CV.
Bids shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org copying by 13th December 2021 1000hres EAT.
Application materials are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process