We Effect is recruiting an Administrative Assistant – Nairobi office
We Effect is a development organization founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organizations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together. We Effect in Eastern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Regional Administrative Officer, the Admin Assistant will be the main initial contact for all staff and visitors. He/She is the face of the organisation, representing the organisation to the public in line with the Vision, Mission and Core Values.
As an Administrative assistant you will handle:
a. Reception Duties
• Managing the reception area and coordinating the flow of visitors and contractors
• Manage incoming and outgoing calls
• Receiving and routing all incoming and outgoing correspondence with assistance of the office assistant; consult and ensure that routine enquiries are responded to
• Recording messages for staff while they are away and submitting to them when they get back
• Receive deliveries and route them accordingly
b. Travel Support
• Support in coordination of taxi bookings and hotel bookings as per submitted requests
• Work closely with the Admin officer on flight bookings
• Source for quotations and analyse
• Prepare LPO as advised.
• Dispatch of cheques and emailing of payment advices to relevant vendors
•Maintain an invoice register
• Prepare invoices for payment ensuring all relevant documents are attached
• Utility bills – follow up with service providers if not received on time
d. Events and Logistics
• Support Admin Officer in event planning
• Coordinate snacks and meals orders for events and meetings
• Prepare workshop folders and materials for meetings – forms, programs, name tags
e. Stationery store
• Check Stock Levels on a monthly basis
• Reorder and restock when stock Levels run low
• Verify receipt, stock and usage monthly.
Education, Training, Professional Qualifications & Experience
KCSE Secretarial Training Diploma in Business Administration/Management/Public Relations or any relevant field
Training in computers and MS office Packages; Procurement; Public Relations; Procurement
Minimum 5 years experience in an office environment in an International NGO Experience in a multicultural set up is an added advantage
Attributes and Competencies
• Professionalism – good first impression, appearance, positive attitude.
• Integrity and Ethics – consistently uphold in all duties
• Effective Communication – telephone, verbal and an active listener
• Interpersonal Relations – collaborates easily and is friendly
• Organisational Abilities – develops processes and keeps track; maintains a tidy work area
• Multitasking Capabilities – prioritize tasks throughout the day; detailed oriented and ties up loose ends
• Problem Solver – identify problems and propose solutions.
• Team Player – be part of the greater team and facilitate team work
• Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
• Confidentiality – recognize sensitive issues and maintain confidence.
You are expected to be available from 1st February 2020.
We Effect strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
Application process: An application letter indicating a brief statement why you qualify for the job accompanied by the CV and names of atleast 3 professional referees,expected monthly renumerations to reach the address below before the close of business on 3rd December 2019 and not later that 4.30pm.