We Effect is recruiting ECCR Programme Officer in Skopje office
DateMarch 26, 2021
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSOs, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see .
We Effect Regional Office for Europe was established in 2017 in Skopje, North Macedonia. Europe region is supporting 11 partner organisations in the region under the programme Empower Europe. The regional team currently consists of 8 staff members and is based in Skopje. The support is directed for North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Moldova.
We Effect is now recruiting a Programme Officer Environment, Climate Change and Resilience (ECCR) as part of the Regional Office in Skopje, North Macedonia.
The Programme team is supervised by the Programme Director with Programme Officers each responsible for technical support to the partner organisations as well as one thematic area such as Gender mainstreaming, ECCR and Financial inclusion. The Programme Officer for ECCR´s main responsibilities are to support partner organisations capacity strengthening and give technical guidance to implement ECCR across all projects. The ECCR Programme Officer gather experiences and develop new knowledge about how ECCR can be effectively developed, managed, monitored and followed-up in We Effect Europe region´s projects. The ECCR Programme Officer is also responsible for implementation of the regional ECCR work plan, based on the global We Effect ECCR action plan.
To be successful in this role you have a profound interest of the environment and are up to date on the latest information in the region. You are sharing We Effects values. You are able to use your knowledge and experience and adapt it for the specific target groups. You will be expected to suggest and support both small and big initiatives. You can also see the ECCR integration with a gender lens. You can work independently as well as in different team settings.
You have excellent planning skills to submit agreed deliverables in a timely manner.
When the situation allows, you will be expected to travel.
Example of tasks
- Work closely with Programme management to oversee the implementation of We Effect’s Environment and Climate Change Policy and Strategy.
- Gather experiences and develop new knowledge about how ECCR can be effectively developed, managed, monitored and followed-up in We Effect Europe region´s projects.
- Support capacity strengthening and technical guidance to the partner organisations to implement ECCR across all projects.
- Provide quality assurance in the development of programme and project applications and reports.
- Follow up the implementation of the respective partner organisations projects.
- Produce/contribute to reports illustrating We Effect’s impact including donor reports, concept notes, annual reports, articles etc.
- Responsible for implementation of the annual ECCR work plan, based on the global We Effect ECCR action plan.
- University degree within a relevant field or documented equivalent knowledge about ECCR acquired through other means.
- Minimum 5 years work experience.
- Theoretical understanding and practical experience of programming on ECCR.
- Conceptual and theoretical understanding of the rights-based approach and civil society development.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Oral and written communication skills in Albanian.
- Driving licence.
- Experience of working on project/proposal development and providing technical guidance on project design.
- Project management experience.
The employment is a 20 months contract including a six months probation period. You are expected to be available from 17 May 2021 or sooner.
We look forward to receiving your thoughtful application. Your time in preparing your application is much appreciated, however only appropriately qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.
We Effect works actively with diversity and inclusion in the organisation. We welcome applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnicity, religious belief, political opinion, national extraction, social origin, HIV/AIDS status, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and/or trade union membership or activities.
For more information
Anneli Leina, Regional Director anneli.leina(at)weeffect.org
Sasho Angelovski, Programme Director sasho.angelovski(at)weeffect.org