We Effect is recruiting Project Manager in Skopje office
DateMarch 31, 2021
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in 25 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSOs, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see .
We Effect Regional Office for Europe was established in 2017 in Skopje, North Macedonia. Europe region is supporting 11 partner organisations in the region under the programme Empower Europe. The regional team currently consists of 8 staff members and is based in Skopje. The support is directed for North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Moldova.
With financing from Sida, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, a new project for rural development aiming for a Market System Development (MSD) approach is being launched in North Macedonia, in collaboration with several national organisations in North Macedonia.
We Effect is now recruiting a Project Manager to lead the project team in North Macedonia with main responsibility for the MSD project Income Increase and Socio-Economic Empowerment of Vulnerable and Marginalized Groups from Rural and Sub-Urban Areas 2021-2023, IISEE.
The main responsibilities are guided by the overall direction of the project implementation, quality assurance and support of the partner organisations in North Macedonia.
The Project Manager assures overall coherence of the project as well as project performance in line with the guidelines and targets outlined in the project description and donor agreement. The Project Manager plans and designates project resources, prepares budgets, monitors progress, and keeps stakeholders informed.
To be successful in this role you have an open mind and agile project management approach and can adjust as you go along. You have excellent planning skills to submit agreed deliverables in a timely manner. You are confident to lead a project team forward with We Effect’s values as core.
You are a good communicator and knows how to organize and delegate within the project. You can work independently as well as in different team settings.
We do not expect you to have experience of MSD approach, all necessary training will be provided for you and the team. If you do have MSD experience it will be considered as a merit.
Example of tasks
- Leads, guides, provides support according to the donor approved planning documents.
- Represents We Effect towards sub-contracting partner organizations, government institutions, private sector, national and international development agencies regarding all matters within the project in North Macedonia.
- Establishes and maintains collaboration with stakeholders in consultation with the regional management.
- Analyses and synthesizes project experiences and contributes to the further development of the project.
- Participates and represents the project in national and international meetings, seminars, committees, work groups, etc.
- Manages administration according to We Effect’s regulations and procedures.
- Ensures the project is well-prepared for all external evaluations and assessments and works closely with the Regional management team.
- Project management, business administration degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years of project management and related experience.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and internet-based applications.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience in rural development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Work permit in North Macedonia.
- Driving licence.
- Oral and written communication skills in Albanian.
- Previous experience from MDS approach projects.
The employment is a two-year contract, with possibility of prolongation and a six months’ probation period. You are expected to be available from 17 May 2021 or sooner.
This position is dependent on the final decision of funds from the back-donor.
We look forward to receiving your thoughtful application. Your time in preparing your application is much appreciated, however only appropriately qualified candidates of interest will be contacted.
We Effect works actively with diversity and inclusion in the organisation. We welcome applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnicity, religious belief, political opinion, national extraction, social origin, HIV/AIDS status, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and/or trade union membership or activities.
For more information
Anneli Leina, Regional Director anneli.leina(at)weeffect.org
Sasho Angelovski, Programme Director, sasho.angelovski(at)weeffect.org,
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.