We Effect is recruiting a Global Environment, Climate change and Resilience Advisor to be based in Southern Africa Region
To emphasise the strategic relevance and necessity of Environment, Climate Change and Resilience perspectives more strongly, We Effect will implement a global capacity development project during the coming five-year programme period. The project will mainly target We Effect staff and partner organisations. The project will have an international scope, but will be coordinated from the Southern African regional office in Lusaka, Zambia. The Advisor will be stationed in Lusaka, Zambia, but will be working globally.
The global project, and the main tasks, will include:
- Working with learning, method development, and quality assurance in relation to environment, climate change and resilience.
- Focus on women’s participation in activities related to the sustainable use of natural resources and climate change.
- Increase capacity of We Effect partner organisations in relation to environment, climate change and resilience.
- Risk reduction through supporting partner organisations to develop their capacity to manage natural disasters followed by humanitarian situations.
- Facilitate funding of partner organisations to work with environment, climate change and resilience in an integrated manner.
- Representing We Effect externally by participating in global arenas on environment, climate change and resilience, and by presenting the project and its results to external stakeholders and media.
- University education or equivalent knowledge in relevant areas acquired by other means.
- Experience working with environment, climate change and resilience in development cooperation related work.
- Experience working with gender equality.
- Documented experience of project management and coordination.
- Experience of advocacy & policy development: Using results from programmes and projects into high level advocacy on policies and laws.
- Master English as working language.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in written, for internal and external communication to lead the work forward.
- Experience from living/working in an African, Latin America, and/or Asian country.
- Language skills in Spanish or Portuguese is a plus.
Type of employment:
- The contract is for two years with the possibility of extension. Access as soon as agreed.
Please send your application with a personal letter and CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest on December 11th, 2017. Please state “Global Environment, Climate change and Resilience Advisor” in your application.
Information about the position and the recruitment process:
Maria Schultz, Regional Director Southern Africa: email@example.com or + 26 0971 00 59 81
Jakob Lundberg, Head of Policy and Advocacy; firstname.lastname@example.org or +46(0)8 120 371 16
We Effect strives for diversity in the organization. For more information about We Effect, please visit our website weeffect.org
We kindly ask to not be contacted by recruitment and sales agencies.